Masterclass in Bariatry is a carefully structured training program from a pioneer bariatric surgeon Dr.Raman Goel, who is the ‘first surgeon of excellence in bariatric surgery’ accredited by Surgical Review Corporation(USA) in 2013. Dr.Goel is the Director of ‘Centre of Bariatric & Metabolic surgery’(CMS) accredited by Obesity Surgery Society of India(OSSI) in 2019 and Surgical Review Corporation(USA) 2016-19.
Masterclass curriculum is designed to provide comprehensive evidence and experience based knowledge to surgeons embarking on bariatric pathway. All lectures are personally vetted by Dr Goel by his enormous field of experience and reflects on the best practices for safe outcomes. Safe outcomes of CMS team can be appreciated by reading original research publications and text book chapters in last 3 decades.(A copy of relevant publications will be shared with each participant).
This Masterclass program is intended for practicing surgeons, post graduate students with MS(gen surgery), MCh(GI surgery), DNB(gen surgery/GI/MAS surgery) and for those surgeon who intend to sharpen their skills and knowledge in the field of bariatry.
- Un-edited videos of live surgeries with voice over will be shared every month to provide first hand experience of bariatric surgery.
- Monthly Q&A webinar with the master surgeon preferably on subjects covered in previous month can help dispel doubts, if any.
- Every participant is also encouraged to visit Dr Goel’s surgery for 1 week at convenient time to not only witness surgeries but also consultation techniques and get opportunity to brainstorm with nutritionist, physician and other members of CMS team.
Bariatric surgery has been established as an exclusive sub-specialty for trained laparoscopy surgeons. This first of its kind blended(online+offline) master-class program is designed to learn the basics and advanced steps in surgical techniques, peri-operative and long term management of patients.
Who Should take up this course?
- Trained and experienced laparoscopy/minimal access surgeons with ambition to add bariatrics in their armamentarium are ideally suited.
- Young surgical post-graduates are likely to benefit from simple and well designed program.
Dr Ramen Goel
MS, Hon FRCS(Edin), FIAGES, FALS
Center of Bariatric Surgery, Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Bhaskar Rajakumar
- Every candidate will have to answer a 10 question multiple MCQs related to previous talk before accessing next video. Gradual understanding is essential to follow subsequent talks and ensures a continuity of appreciation.
- A cumulative score of > 50% after 6 months entitles for the successful masterclass completion certificate.
- A qualified surgeon with medical council registration. MS(gen surgery), MCh(GI surgery), DNB(gen surgery/GI/MAS surgery)
Once you complete the enrolment process, you will be provided with a unique enrolment number and login details to mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrolment, please feel free to call us on +91 7899723391 or write to us on email@example.com.
All assessments are online MCQ based and there will be an offline assessment by mentor during hands on workshop after which you will be able to download your certificate.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 6 months or the course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and ‘Metabolic Surgery Foundation of India’, the course is being delivered by well-renowned clinical expert in the field of Bariatry. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
- 10000 */- Inclusive of GST payable on registration (Non-refundable).
- 25000 */- Inclusive of GST payable on confirmation of admission.
- All above mentioned fees are in INR and applicable only in SAARC countries and Africa. Conversion and bank charges for international payments will be additional.
* At no instance the registration fees shall be refunded, if the applicant is either disqualified or fails to take up the course.
* On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement.
* Subject to availability and mutual arrangement, Dr Goel has agreed to mentor participants during their first few surgeries.
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/ Letter from HOD, Address Proof (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK).
* Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s).